Before booking a Venice Fishing Charter, please take a moment to read the facts to make sure you don’t leave your fishing trip to chance (Read all our Facebook Reviews here):
- Captain mike is on the water daily, sometimes running 2 to 3 trips each day. This allows him and his crew to know exactly where the fish are biting and put you on the bite before other boats. (Think the movie “Groundhog Day”)
- Captain Mike is a 100% FULL-TIME charter boat captain (one of very few in area) with over 30 years of fishing Venice, La.. He does not have the distractions of a day job and his passion is putting people on fish and an all-around good time on the water! He’s been on the water all week with customers and knows where the fish are biting and knows what the fish are biting. This allows Captain Mike to put you on the fish sooner. Time is money. Spend less time looking and more time catching!
- He is the owner and operator. In ALL cases you will speak directly with Captain Mike when booking the trip or one of his highly qualified crew. He is not a booking service that puts you on any boat with a grumpy captain and simply takes a cut of the money. You will be fishing with Captain Mike on Captain Mike’s boats using Captain Mike’s tackle and Captain Mikes’s bait unless you require multi-boat charter. (Do you get the message?)
- The boat, tackle and equipment are all top notch to ensure that every opportunity counts. Captain Mike takes pride in his charter service and puts his reputation on the line with each charter.
- Captain Mike does not work with a booking service that takes enormous fees. He books all trips himself and relies heavily on repeat customers. This ensures you get the most quality fishing trip every time you book!
- Many charter boats here sell your fish, BEWARE! All fish you catch within regulations are yours to keep. Captain/crew clean and pack the fish nicely for you. The captain likes to practice catch and release with certain species but you have the final say on all your catches, within regulations.
- Captain Mike does not get mad or turn into Captain Ahab at the first lost fish or broken tackle. We have heard horror stories about other guides around here. He is very easy-going and looks forward to fishing with you and giving you the experience of a lifetime. Captain Mike even allows you up in the bridge to see the bite!
Don’t leave your fishing adventure to chance, only to it turn into a bad day on the water. Sadly, our competitors don’t always put their clients first, which led to many or our current customers to choose Captain Mike instead of returning to those local services. Captain Mike is very passionate about his guide service and he strives to exceed all expectations from the moment you meet to the end of the day and our personal service doesn’t stop there.
Now that you have the facts, here are our rates:
Rates are based on a maximum of 6 people (by law we can only take six passengers).
- Full Day – $1700
- Swordfish – $3000
- All deposits are non-refundable. Unless if captain Mike cancels due to weather or mechanical issues.
- If you cancel within 48 hours, the day of the charter or don’t show, you are charged 100% full price of charter.
- Pricing does not include fuel.
Let’s Go Fishing!